It's the perfect project to hit the Four C's; creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration, as well as hitting on some key CCSS and teaching engineering and science. Lots of ideas are on the web, from kindergarten through higher grades. Here are just a few I came across:
- Leprechaun Traps: Addition Within 100 and from the Teaching Channel
- Persuasive Writing in 2nd Grade - Leprechaun Traps from Hands-On Happiness Blog
- To Catch a Leprechaun from Teacher Created Materials
- Leprechaun Traps, Spud Races, and Engineering from One Extra Degree Blog
- Short Video from a Lego Engineering Class - Leprechaun Traps 2
So if you missed out on this year, put it in your plans to revisit for next year.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!